Kind of contract
For over 40 years, DiaSorin has been on a mission on five continents to develop, produce and commercialize diagnostic tests for a wide range of clinical areas. Our tests are designed for hospitals and private testing laboratories, in the markets of immunodiagnostics and molecular diagnostics.
We believe in a respectful and supportive workplace that attracts and celebrates the uniqueness of a diverse workforce that represents our community and customers.
What you will do:
We have a need for a Process Scientist who enjoys manufacturing, validation and product improvements. Your background in molecular biology will help us drive our business forward so we can impact patients’ lives. Take your background to the next level! You will focus on product development transfers and showcase your protein characterization techniques. . Your scientific expertise, technical aptitude, and ability to navigate and solve complex issues are critical to your success. We are impressed by those that are self-driven and have a willingness to learn in a fast-paced environment.
Qualifications Experience Personal Strengths Mobility
What you bring to the table:
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Chemistry, Biology, Medical Technology or related science field or a 2 year degree (i.e. MLT) with equivalent experience
• 1+ years of related laboratory experience and/or demonstrated competence within the in-vitro diagnostic industry
• Basic understanding of immunology and immunoassay techniques
• Ability to work in a regulated environment
• Working knowledge of general lab equipment (e.g. pH meter, balances, mixers, etc.)
• Working knowledge of MS Excel; familiarity with Google Suite
• Basic understanding of statistical analysis
• Advanced skills in:
-Math and calculations
-Writing and documentation
-Grasping complex concepts and solutions
-Problem-solving and analytical skills
• Ensure proper documentation by correcting errors noted in procedures and forms (ECO) with
• Perform tasks assigned in NCR/ Deviations and Validations.
• Perform tasks assigned in CAPA.
• Ensure safety of self and others by complying with all company safety policies, including use of PPE.
• Participate in team meetings and attend group training sessions.
• Monitor training required in SmartTrain and ensure timely completion of all company training
• Help with basic new employee training such as instrument use, basic software training, etc.
• Contribute to business continuity or continuous improvement projects by suggesting improvements and completing assigned tasks.
• Perform material processing and reagent for formulation bulk intermediates and components
• Determine reprocessing need for calibrator, controls, and conjugates with assistance.
• Perform Good laboratory practices - maintain clean workspace in QC and Reagent Prep labs.
Contribute to group Reagent Prep and QC duties, including lab and equipment maintenance.
• Utilize SAP (kitting, ordering to Cost Center, assign expiration dates, etc.) to ensure correct dating,
accounting, and flow through facility.
• Participate in inventory accountability - PSA count, cycle counts, accurate kitting, etc.
• Perform in-process testing and final Quality Control for LIAISON products per established procedures
using the LIAISON analyzer family.
• Assign calibrator values to optimize kit performance.
• Assign kit control ranges per established procedures.
• Monitor internal control supplies and manufacture new controls as needed.
• Perform second-checking to ensure accurate records.
• Follow regulatory requirements - follow document instructions and maintain reasonable
documentation error rates.
Receive a competitive salary and benefits package as you grow your career at DiaSorin. Join our team and discover how your work can impact the lives of people all over the world.
Others Information as per Local Legal Requirements
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
DiaSorin Inc and DiaSorin Molecular LLC are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Equal Employment Opportunity
If you’d like to view a copy of the company’s affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email: email@example.com. If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or call toll-free 1.800.328.1482.