Kind of contract
For over 40 years, DiaSorin has been on a mission on five continents to develop, produce and commercialize diagnostic tests for a wide range of clinical areas. Our tests are designed for hospitals and private testing laboratories, in the markets of immunodiagnostics and molecular diagnostics.
DiaSorin Molecular, LLC is headquartered in Cypress, California. Our technology enables diagnosis of disease by detecting specific RNA and DNA sequences.
We have a need for a Manufacturing Engineer I, who is driven and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment. Our Manufacturing Engineers enjoy the responsibility of evaluating and optimizing manufacturing processes to improve product consistency, quality and increased productivity. The gains for your professional experience will continue at DiaSorin Molecular beyond the current environment. This is a great opportunity to be at the forefront of medical innovation and ingenuity at an organization that is trusted to change lives.
Qualifications Experience Personal Strengths Mobility
What will you do?
You love working with Production and Technical Support to identify, isolate and correct technical challenges for improving product reproducibility. Your efforts will help us improve production processes to reduce cost and decrease scrap. Bring your problem-solving aptitude and enjoy the collaboration as you work towards common goals
• Coordinate and supervise required validations of processes and equipment
• Participate in automation of processes by working with cross functional teams involving DiaSorin team members and outside partners
• Improve and implement new processes to support and drive Operations
• Contribute to cross-functional core teams for new products as a representative of Operations and Manufacturing Engineering
• Support maintenance, calibration, and troubleshooting activities by sustaining and improving
DiaSorin’s maintenance program via the asset management system
• Interact with all required departments to assist with project completion
• Perform assigned tasks in accordance with applicable Environmental Health and Safety (EHS)
regulations and Company EHS policies
• Perform other duties as assigned
What will you bring to the table?
• Bachelor’s degree preferred in an engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, Industrial, etc.) or other scientific discipline
• 1-5 years related experience in IVD, medical, pharmaceutical, or other related industry
• Preferred understanding of statistical quality control, statistical process control, Corrective Action Process, and their application to manufacturing as a problem identification and resolution tool
• ASQ Certified quality engineering preferred
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
• Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic
equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory and factor analysis
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
What we offer
Receive a competitive salary and benefits package as you grow your career at DiaSorin. Join our team and discover how your work can impact the lives of people all over the world.
Others Information as per Local Legal Requirements
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. The ideal candidate possesses both a high level of technical expertise and an innate passion to build. You will play a critical role in creating and refining processes in order to improve manufacturing safety, quality, and productivity.