The DiaSorinLIAISON® QuantiFERON®-TB Gold assay uses chemiluminescent immunoassay (CLIA) technology for the detection of interferon-γ (IFN-γ) in human lithium heparin plasma specimens. The immunoassay can identify in vitro responses to a peptide antigens cocktail associated with Mycobacterium tuberculosis (M. tuberculosis) infection that stimulates cells in heparinized whole blood collected with the QuantiFERON® Blood Collection Tubes.
The assay is an indirect test intended as an aid in the diagnosis of M. tuberculosis infection. Although the assay quantitatively detects the IFN-γ, the interpretation of the result for a single patient is strictly qualitative.
The assay must be performed on the LIAISON® XL Analyzer only.
LIAISON® QuantiFERON® Software (LQS) is a flexible lab tool that can be installed between LIAISON® XL and LIS to allow you the following features:
- Management of four different workflow scenarios
- Sample check-in with barcode reader
- Duplication of individual barcode labels when necessary
- Schedule retesting of failed samples
- Repetition of single or multiple patient tubes
- Automatic interpretation of results