The testing solutions for the detection of SARS-CoV-2
DiaSorin strives to improve health-care around the globe through the development of innovative diagnostic solutions that can lead to better patient outcomes and provide economic benefits to the healthcare system. Thanks to its team of dedicated scientists DiaSorin has been able to promptly deliver diagnostic solutions to manage the COVID-19 pandemic emergency.
DiaSorin provides diagnostic laboratories with solutions that include detection of SARS-CoV-2 Ag, antibodies determination and molecular testing:
- LIAISON® SARS-CoV-2 Ag
- LIAISON® SARS-CoV-2 IgM
- LIAISON® SARS-CoV-2 S1/S2 IgG
- Simplexa™ COVID-19 Direct Kit - For more info visit DiaSorin Molecular
A New quantitative Antigen assay to achieve maximum impact in testing COVID-19 patients.
- LIAISON® SARS-CoV-2 assay is a unique quantitative solution to detect suspected COVID-19 patients, carry out contact tracing and rapidly implement isolation procedures for those patients who have been infected and might be able to spread SARS-CoV-2 further.
The New Antigen testing solution is based on:
- Chemiluminescence sandwich-immunoassay (CLIA) based technology for the quantitative determination of Nucleocapsid antigen protein from SARS-CoV-2 samples.
- Testing on upper respiratory specimens: nasal swab (NS), nasopharyngeal swab (NPS) eluted in UTM/VTM directly from individuals who are suspected of COVID-19 within the first ten days of the onset of symptoms.
- High Throughput sample workflow and traceability.
- Sample inactivation to ensure safely handling of clinical samples.
- High sensitivity and specificity to ensure accurate results to detect infectious COVID-19 patients (infectious windows).
The combined testing solution for the detection of antibodies to SARS-CoV-2:
- Two results from a single sample to determine both antibodies results.
- The selection of Spike protein antigens for both assays, recognized to be the most likely target of future COVID-19 vaccines and for IgG neutralizing antibodies.
- High sensitivity and specificity to ensure accurate results along the infection window.
A quantitative Antigen assay to achieve maximum impact in testing COVID-19 patients
- A quantitative assay for the detection of Nucleocapsid protein of SARS-CoV-2
- A fully automated solution with up to 136 results/hour on LIAISON® XL
- Clinical Sensitivity on NS sample is 97.1% (95% CI: 85.5 – 99.5%) on samples positive for Real time PCR within 10 days from onset symptoms
- Clinical Specificity on NS sample is 100% (95% CI: 96.5 – 100%)
A quantitative assay with correlation to neutralizing antibodies
- A quantitative assay for the detection of IgG antibodies against S1/S2 antigens of SARS-CoV-2
- A fully automated solution with up to 170 results/hour on LIAISON® XL
- Detection of Neutralizing antibodies: 94.4% positive agreement to Plaque Reduction Neutralization Test (PRNT90)
- High sensitivity and specificity to assure accurate results
A new qualitative assay for the detection of IgM antibodies to SARS-CoV-2
- A qualitative assay for the detection of IgM antibodies against S1-RBD antigens of SARS-CoV-2
- A fully automated solution on LIAISON® XL
- High sensitivity and specificity to ensure accurate results
The combined testing solutions for the detection of antibodies to SARS-CoV-2
- Combined detection of IgM and IgG can be used to assess the immune status of patients exposed to and infected by SARS-CoV-2.
- The use of IgG and IgM in combination can aid to shorten the diagnostic window improving the detection of seroconversion up to day 15 from PCR positivity