Kind of contract
For over 40 years, DiaSorin has been on a mission on five continents to develop, produce and commercialize diagnostic tests for a wide range of clinical areas. Our tests are designed for hospitals and private testing laboratories, in the markets of immunodiagnostics and molecular diagnostics.
We believe in a respectful and supportive workplace that attracts and celebrates the uniqueness of a diverse workforce that represents our community and customers.
The Supply Chain Director is responsible for managing the daily and long-term strategy of the
Immunodiagnostics business in the USA to ensure availability of products to customers while
maintaining a pre-stablished level of service and spending budget. This role will operate in close
connection with the Global Supply Chain Immuno department based at the Italian headquarters
This highly skilled professional should have the ability to execute a longer-term strategy to optimize
our supply chain processes, while also being excited to dig into immediate tactical needs.
Position will be reporting to the VP Operations Immuno USA, with dotted line reporting (linear) to the VP Global Supply Chain Immuno.
Qualifications Experience Personal Strengths Mobility
Supervise areas spanning Customer Service, Buyers, Planners, Trade Compliance, Receiving,
Inventory Material Handling, Shipping and Transportation Logistics, totaling 25 team members
• Establish the Supply Chain strategy to ensure customer satisfaction and achieve business objectives. Develop / improve systems to monitor and trend KPI (Key Performance Indicators) data.
Encourage and coach employees to develop more efficient ways to work
Gather data and research internal and external sources
Communicate within org and upwards to ensure regular awareness to key information
• Recommend, develop and implement plans that support the achievement of the strategic business operations of the company.
Develop systems and processes and show ability to integrate them into the business operations in such a way that they positively impact our business objectives.
Work across departments/groups to assure that mutually dependent business strategies are
integrated so that planning is coordinated and cohesive effort is allowed.
Proactively maximize resources (time, materials, effort) and work to identify ineffective
systems and provide the leadership for improvement.
• Participate in the financial planning process through involvement in budgeting capital analyses and continuous improvement in our EVA process.
Educate group leaders and team members so that they understand the financial objectives and
guide them in understanding their role in meeting these objectives.
Monitor variable usage and review outlying items to look for continuous improvement and
Works with the technical operations groups to assure that the reporting and tracking of inventory usage is reported accurately to the system with the goal of insuring the integrity of
the physical inventory in support of the company’s financial interests.
• Select, develop and train employees to assure optimum motivation, skill set and retention of staff.
Conduct coaching sessions on a regular basis with staff to discern their work, their progress on
defined goals, their strengths and opportunities for improvement.
10+ years of progressive management experience in supply chain in the IVD, medical devices or
pharma sectors. Possible alternative experiences can include food industry and fashion
• APICS™ or Institute for Supply Management™ (ISM) credential preferred
• Strong analytical thinker and problem-solving ability to diagnose problems, resolve key issues and implement corrective actions with a keen sense of customer focus
• Inventory Planning Experience
• Inbound/Outbound logistics experience (relationship management with national/international
shippers and 3PL’s)
• Prior experience with ERP systems (SAP preferred)
• Excellent organizational and planning skills with attention to detail
• Ability to work in a fast paced, demanding environment
• Ability to work efficiently and handle multiple projects and tasks concurrently
• Ability to influence all levels of staff, including executives
• Knowledge and understanding of FDA, IVD(EU) and ISO standards
• Lean or Six Sigma experience and certification desired
• Skill at preparing and presenting written materials such as reports, presentations and proposals
Receive a competitive salary and benefits package as you grow your career at DiaSorin. Join our team and discover how your work can impact the lives of people all over the world.
Others Information as per Local Legal Requirements
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
DiaSorin Inc and DiaSorin Molecular LLC are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Equal Employment Opportunity
If you’d like to view a copy of the company’s affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail: email@example.com or call toll-free 1.800.328.1482.